The consciousness mind is your awareness of now which is happening in and around you.
The subconscious mind is your accessible information. You can become aware of this information once your direct your attention to it. Think of this as memory recall, a daily practice that becomes a behavior. Example: the accurately of first node of key you could sing in a song.
The unconscious mind is your primeval, inborn requirements and information that are very difficult to access. Most of our behaviors are driven by the unconscious forces. Countless memories and experiences during our childhood formed who we are today.
The unconscious forces (beliefs, patterns, subjective maps of reality) will plot the subconscious mind and drive our behaviors today and this will have an effect of how our consciousness mind works.
How our subconscious mind and unconscious mind are being installed with programs, of cause these happen by the “free will” of our own:-
(1) When you accept the thoughts/words of yourself or others as true for you, these become part of your subconscious and unconscious mind programming.
(2) Habitual actions become part of your subconscious programming.
(3) Childhood memories and events, including what is taught in our primeval and early ages become parts of unconscious mind.
(4) It is you willingly to accept what is true for you, means this is a “free will” installation and thus result in programming your subconscious and unconscious mind and this will have an effect on your present consciousness mind.
Subconscious programming is very valuable. This programming keeps the body, mind and spirit functioning. Subconscious’s programs tell the subconscious how to act in situations where the conscious mind is diverted by other thoughts. If you think you are programmed in a way since young that “love is painful” after experiencing your parents’ divorce in your childhood, each time you are involved is a romantic experience in your adulthood you will create painful experiences.
There are many ways by conscious efforts to change subconscious programming; through affirmations, prayers, suggestion, guided imagery, visualization and will power. Subconscious programming is protected by the subconscious.
To change the programming one must convince the subconscious to change it. To convince the subconscious of anything one must first get the attention of the subconscious and practice as a habit for 21 days.
Basic Step-to-Step on how to Change Negative Beliefs
(1) Paying attention to your subconscious everything going on around it, which you suspect could be playing negative influences including what you thinking, feeling, and doing in a list. You can have a journal with you and list them down as you suspected any of them. For Example: – Being rich will make me be sinful/ rich people do not have good hearts. (work with 2-3 issues at any one time for the following steps)
(2) Next to or beneath each negative belief, write a positive one you want to put in its place. Yes, you can use a positive belief more than once to replace a negative belief in a similar category. We will still work with the same example: – Being rich will make me be generous/ rich people are the same as everyone in world, we are child of God.
(3) Avoid using “feel good” affirmation type of statements (saying/thinking), statements have to be positive short and direct and makes sense. (work with the following steps, at a peaceful and quiet place, preferably around the same time each day for at least 21 days)
(4) Close your eyes, breathe slowly and calmly, and focus your relaxed eyes on the backs of your eyelids or between your eyebrows or on the third eye (the point just above the point between the two eyebrows. Count down 5 – 1 slowly.
(5) Imagine the screen of your mind. This can be a computer screen, a movie screen, or a black board. Imagine or see the negative belief or beliefs you want changed written on the screen of your mind. Now erase or delete the first negative belief. As you do, think to yourself: “Subconscious, remove this belief and replace it with the one I write in now.” Then mentally write in the positive belief to take its place. You can imagine doing it with chalk on a blackboard or typing it in with a keyboard or just mentally writing it.
(6) Open your eyes again, cross out the old beliefs and circle the new beliefs. Affirm the positive believes by saying out load, by meaning them.
After 21 days, your subconscious will know what to do when you mentally erase what you are seeing on the screen of your mind and replacing it with something else; meaning, you won’t need to instruct it to do this every time anymore, it will do it automatically.
For mental image which you have captured in your memory during your childhood age 7-9, which pops up regularly inside your head, these could be positive and or negative images. You can use same method as the above for replacing negatives disturbing images with positives images.